BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Doing Backups but not Showing them?

2016-12-29 05:00:33
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Doing Backups but not Showing them?
From: chrischan AT knebb DOT de
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2016 10:59:00 +0100
Replying to myself. ;)

It is really strange. I re-formated the data storage, mounted it from
scratch and set permissions:

[root@backuppc lib]# ls -alh /var/lib/| grep B
drwxrwxrwx.  4 backuppc apache  4,0K 29. Dez 10:51 BackupPC

The directory itself is plain:

[root@backuppc BackupPC]# ls -alh
insgesamt 28K
drwxrwxrwx.  4 backuppc apache   4,0K 29. Dez 10:54 .
drwxr-xr-x. 29 root     root     4,0K 25. Dez 10:27 ..
drwx------.  2 root     root      16K 29. Dez 10:25 lost+found
drwx------.  2 backuppc backuppc 4,0K 23. Dez 13:04 .ssh

As user backuppc I can create files and directories in the $TopDir:

[root@backuppc BackupPC]# su - backuppc
-bash-4.2$ mkdir test
-bash-4.2$ exit
[root@backuppc BackupPC]# ls -alh
insgesamt 36K
drwxrwxrwx.  5 backuppc apache   4,0K 29. Dez 10:55 .
drwxr-xr-x. 29 root     root     4,0K 25. Dez 10:27 ..
drwx------.  2 root     root      16K 29. Dez 10:25 lost+found
drwx------.  2 backuppc backuppc 4,0K 23. Dez 13:04 .ssh
drwxrwxr-x.  2 backuppc backuppc 4,0K 29. Dez 10:55 test

The filesystem itself is ext4:

/dev/mapper/vg_backuppc-backuppc on /var/lib/BackupPC type ext4
(rw,relatime,seclabel,data=ordered)

And there is still enough space on it as it has been formated:

df-h
/dev/mapper/vg_backuppc-backuppc  1,4T     77M  1,3T    1% /var/lib/BackupPC

df -i
/dev/mapper/vg_backuppc-backuppc 91750400       18 91750382    1%
/var/lib/BackupPC

But as soon as I try to start BackupPC it stops immediately complaining
about not able to create hardlinks:

Dec 29 10:50:41 backuppc BackupPC: 2016-12-29 10:50:41 Can't create a
test hardlink between a file in /var/lib/BackupPC/pc and
/var/lib/BackupPC/cpool.  Either these are different file systems, or
this file system doesn't support hardlinks, or these directories don't
exist, or there is a permissions problem, or the file system is out of
inodes or full.  Use df, df -i, and ls -ld to check each of these
possibilities. Quitting...

So what else can it be? I am totally clueless currently.

Any ideas?

/Christian