BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Can't write len=1048576 to /var/lib/backuppc/pc/sw.example.de/new//f%2f/RStmp

2016-09-22 06:13:55
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Can't write len=1048576 to /var/lib/backuppc/pc/sw.example.de/new//f%2f/RStmp
From: Peter Thurner <p.thurner AT blunix DOT org>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2016 11:54:37 +0200
Hi Guys,

I'm running a backuppc Server Installation on Debian 8. I'm using rsync
+ filling method on all clients. I'm backing up several Debian 8
Clients, one of which makes problems. When I start the the backup, the
hook Script works fine, the rsync seems to run through - I strace it on
the client and see that it does stuff, also the new directory fills up.
After the rsync however "nothing" more happens and the client hangs. If
I wait for two days, the backup aborts. When I abort myself I get the
following errors in the bad log (I set log level to 2 and added
--verbose as rsync option)

  skip     600       0/0      934080 var/log/installer/syslog
  skip     600       0/0     1162350 var/log/installer/partman
Can't write len=1048576 to
/var/lib/backuppc/pc/sw.example.de/new//f%2f/RStmp
Can't write len=1048576 to
/var/lib/backuppc/pc/sw.example.de/new//f%2f/RStmp
[...]
lots of those cant write
[...]
Parent read EOF from child: fatal error!
Done: 0 files, 0 bytes
Got fatal error during xfer (Child exited prematurely)
Backup aborted by user signal

I tried writing to the RStmp file during a backup - if I touch or echo
fo > RStmp it, I can write to it. If I dd if=/dev/zero of=RStmp bs=1M
count=1000, the file disappears right away, as in:

dd if=/dev/zero of=RStmp ... ; ls RStmp
no such file or directory

Any Ideas to what might cause this?

With kind regards,

Peter Thurner

--

Blunix GmbH - Professional Linux Service
Linux: Consulting, Management, Training

Glogauer Straße 21, 10999 Berlin

Web: www.blunix.org
Phone: +49 30 / 301 338 38