BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] SMB-based backup failing after upgrading from 3.3.0 into 3.3.1

2016-08-29 10:45:34
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] SMB-based backup failing after upgrading from 3.3.0 into 3.3.1
From: Dan LeVasseur <dan AT abigmailbox DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2016 09:44:53 -0500
You probably received an updated smbclient at the same time.  From what I've read (definitely not a pro at this) smbclient changed the output text that BackupPC uses to determine if a backup is completed.  Unfortunately this change hasn't made it into BackupPC.

I found this via searching around and reading up on the issue.

Obviously backup your browse.pm file before making the changes.  After making these changes my BackupPC correctly identifies completed backups as "Full".

Good Luck.  Hopefully someone can sneak in these fixes to BackupPC Main.

_Dan