BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC_trashClean (?) freezes system

2016-06-27 02:54:24
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC_trashClean (?) freezes system
From: Witold Arndt <witold.arndt AT eule-gdi DOT de>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2016 08:53:40 +0200
On Sonntag, 26. Juni 2016 22:21:45 CEST Adam Goryachev wrote:

> Can you login to the server after it has "hung"? I'm assuming yes since
> you can try to kill the process.
> I'd strongly suggest checking the various logs, starting with dmesg
> Also, check the physical "host" to see what it thinks the status of the
> VM is.

Jep, I can login to the vm and everything besides backuppc is running and
instantly responsive. Other processes which use the disk have no problem
reading or wrting and iotop shows no hangups.

> Almost every time I've tried to kill a process and seen it turn into a
> zombie, it's because the process was sleeping / waiting for disk IO, and
> it won't die until after the OS decides the disk IO has failed or succeeded.

This is consistent with the 85% waiting usage, but there are no errors any log
(dmesg, syslog, backuppc/log/*) whatsoever.

I'm a bit lost since there were no configuration changes (besides removal and
addition of backup clients) and this setup has been running since 04/2014.

/wi
--
Eule GDI                  : http://www.eule-gdi.de
                          : info AT eule-gdi DOT de