BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC_trashClean (?) freezes system

2016-06-26 08:22:36
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC_trashClean (?) freezes system
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2016 22:21:45 +1000

On 24/06/2016 23:28, Witold Arndt wrote:
> * killing the process or its parents has no effect, it just goes to zombie
> mode
>
> So, where should I start to debug this?

Can you login to the server after it has "hung"? I'm assuming yes since
you can try to kill the process.
I'd strongly suggest checking the various logs, starting with dmesg
Also, check the physical "host" to see what it thinks the status of the
VM is.
Almost every time I've tried to kill a process and seen it turn into a
zombie, it's because the process was sleeping / waiting for disk IO, and
it won't die until after the OS decides the disk IO has failed or succeeded.

Regards,
Adam