BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] smbclient phantom subdirectories

2016-06-15 16:53:40
Subject: [BackupPC-users] smbclient phantom subdirectories
From: "Smith, Graham - Computing Technical Officer" <Graham.Smith AT ittdublin DOT ie>
To: "backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2016 21:53:07 +0100
Is anyone suffering a regression of the problem of repeated phantom directories
with smb:

NT_STATUS_OBJECT_NAME_NOT_FOUND listing
\CompSAN_Backup\Admin\Documentation\Documentation\*
NT_STATUS_OBJECT_NAME_NOT_FOUND listing \HomeDir\HomeDir\*
[ skipped 105 lines ]
tarExtract: Done: 0 errors, 59 filesExist, 77230178370 sizeExist, 50576181807
sizeExistComp, 61 filesTotal, 77230458206 sizeTotal
Got fatal error during xfer (No files dumped for share f$)
Backup aborted (No files dumped for share f$)
Not saving this as a partial backup since it has fewer files than the prior one
(got 61 and 0 files versus 61)

I had the issue with smb failing which has now been patched. I migrated to
rsync but whilst it had benefits it put
a significant load on the backuppc side so I'd like to revert to smb. But so
far it's not working for me.

smbclient connects fine on the command line and no such issues. Browsing around
old mail archives suggests
locked files client side (not the case for me with as used vshadow) or a
generic bug in smbclient of some sort.

I'm on Debian Jessie with backuppc 3.3.1-3 and smbclient 2:4.4.3+dfsg-4.

thanks,

Graham

The contents and any attachment of this e-mail are private and confidential.
They are intended only for the use of the intended addressee. If you are not
the intended addressee, or the person responsible for delivering it to the
intended addressee, you are notified that any copying, forwarding, publication,
review or delivery of this e-mail or any attachments to anyone else or any
other use of its contents is strictly prohibited. You are prohibited from
reading any part of this e-mail or any attachments.  If you have received this
e-mail in error, please notify the system manager.  Unauthorised disclosure or
communication or other use of the contents of this e-mail or any part thereof
may be prohibited by law and may constitute a criminal offence. Internet
e-mails are not necessarily secure. The Institute does not accept
responsibility for changes made to this message after it was sent.  Unless
stated to the contrary, any opinions expressed in this message are personal to
the author and may not be attributed to the Institute.