BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] I download zip and tar corrupt archive when i want to restore several files (on centos 5 with backuppc 3.30)

2016-06-03 14:17:07
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] I download zip and tar corrupt archive when i want to restore several files (on centos 5 with backuppc 3.30)
From: Kris Lou <klou AT themusiclink DOT net>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2016 10:49:53 -0700
Are the zips corrupted (or > 20MB) if you create via BackupPC_zipCreate?

If not, then I'd guess something to do with Apache.

The other compressed zip corruption issue was fixed in Archive::Zip 1.49+ (or < 1.18) , referenced here (https://sourceforge.net/p/backuppc/mailman/message/34648185/).  But since you downgraded, that shouldn't be the issue.

On Fri, Jun 3, 2016 at 10:45 AM, Phil markham <markham89 AT hotmail DOT com> wrote:

 >What OS is the system where you are saving the zip files?

I save the file on windows (7 or 8.1 or 10),

 >How do you determine the files are corrupt?

The file are corrupt because the archive doesnt exceed 20 MB when the
sum size of file are more important ; zip program (peazip,winrar,7zip)
confirm the corruption.

 >What happens if you try to create a zip of just a couple of small
files? Is that zip also corrupt?

i test with  some little jpeg files, and it seems works, in this case.