BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] I download zip and tar corrupt archive when i want to restore several files (on centos 5 with backuppc 3.30)

2016-06-03 08:26:22
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] I download zip and tar corrupt archive when i want to restore several files (on centos 5 with backuppc 3.30)
From: Michael Stowe <mstowe AT chicago.us.mensa DOT org>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2016 07:25:39 -0500
On 2016-06-03 04:01, markham extra wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I download zip and tar corrupt archive   (less than 20mo) when i want
> to restore several files (on centos 5 with backuppc 3.30)
>
> No problem if i download file per file
>
> I use rsycnd backup
>
> Have an idea to fix that ?
>
> regards,

Perhaps try downloading a zip and tar archive that isn't corrupt, or one
that's more than 20 months?

In all serious, you'll probably get more useful advice if you provide
more detailed information on what exactly what you're doing and what
doesn't work, because for all anybody can tell, you simply don't know
how zip files are supposed to work.  Or what to do when you think
archives may be corrupt.

Presumably you're using the web interface, and choosing between three
options, direct restore, download zip archive, and download tar archive.
  We're guessing already; where you got the idea that either the zip or
tar downloads are corrupted, and what troubleshooting steps you took is
a matter of ever broader speculation.

So any ideas at this point would be about as useful as the last time you
wandered into your mechanic's place of business and said, "hey, my car
doesn't work, any ideas on fixing it?"