BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Does BackupPC need a bug tracker?

2016-05-23 19:31:13
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Does BackupPC need a bug tracker?
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 24 May 2016 09:30:36 +1000
I think there are a lot of things that could be better, but up until
now, we only had the mailing list, and that wasn't managed well at all.
I would suggest we focus as much as possible on using the tools that are
available, because adding workload to manage additional tools won't help
the development of BackupPC. If we find that we have people actually
working on BackupPC, and that the number of issues is not being managed
well, or making life difficult, or whatever other aspect of managing the
project, then we should have a discussion then about it.

ie, certainly solving problems before they become a problem is a great
idea, but at this point I feel (for what my opinion is worth) that we
should focus on getting backuppc 3.x into a well maintained status, and
working towards a beta release of 4.0.

PS, also, just because the devel list is low volume doesn't mean that
everything should go to the users list.....

Regards,
Adam

--
Adam Goryachev Website Managers www.websitemanagers.com.au