BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Using FreeNAS as storage for BackupPc

2016-05-21 04:31:15
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Using FreeNAS as storage for BackupPc
From: Alexander Moisseev <moiseev AT mezonplus DOT ru>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sat, 21 May 2016 11:30:37 +0300
On 21.05.16 3:15, Elias Pereira wrote:
> Hello Kris, thanks for the answer.
>
> What the best practice for this?

It's simple. Just keep data storage (TopDir) on the local file system, i.e. on
the same host where BackupPC is installed.

In case you don't have separate machine with enough disc space available, I'm
pretty sure you can install sysutils/backuppc on FreeNAS itself using port or
package.
But you should figure out a proper way to do that. I mean FreeNAS is an
appliance, so make sure you won't lose BackupPC and data after FreeNAS upgrade.
I'm not familiar with FreeNAS, probably you should install ports/packages
software in a jail.