BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Migrate local data into BackupPC pool for remote client

2016-05-17 17:03:36
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Migrate local data into BackupPC pool for remote client
From: cardiganimpatience <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 17 May 2016 14:03:09 -0700
Johan Ehnberg wrote:
To do it directly from directories, you could try changing 'zcat' to
'tar --strip-components=X' and point it at the directory. Set X to match
the number of path components that should not be included for the
archive to make the structure equal to that of the actual host to be
backed up. For example 1 would strip home from /home/backup, so that the
archive looks like it starts at backup/.
====

Tar complained unless I added the 'c' but it's still erroring out for me. Were
you thinking something like this?

tar c --strip-components=4 /home/backup/my_web_server_backups/todays_backup/

There has got to be an easier way to import local data into a backup pool for a
specific host...