BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] BackupPC futures

2016-05-17 10:25:34
Subject: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC futures
From: Stephen Joyce <stephen AT email.unc DOT edu>
To: <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2016 10:24:47 -0400
I'm glad to see the recent energy going into the discussion and planning
for BackupPC's future. It's great that there's an interest in making sure
the project stays alive.

It sounds like there are lots of opinions about how to proceed long-term,
including who the core players will be who have the time, knowledge, etc.
to keep this project alive. It'll be interesting to see what shakes out.
:-)

In the shorter term, my goal is to spend some spare time collecting patches
for the bugs that have been found in the past ~3 years (which may take some
time since they're scattered around), incorporate them into the existing
CVS tree, and issue a point release addressing those issues.

In the longer term, Craig has stated he still has the desire to work on
BackupPC; the problem currently is time. I'm still hopeful that he will be
able to find some time to help review any major updates, releases, etc.
This is after all, still his baby.

Cheers,
Stephen