BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Random Daily Backups remain idle, can be started manually 4.11.16

2016-04-15 12:14:59
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Random Daily Backups remain idle, can be started manually 4.11.16
From: Stefan Peter <s_peter AT swissonline DOT ch>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2016 17:43:20 +0200
Am 15.04.2016 um 16:06 schrieb tschmid4:
> Thank you for all of your help.
> -Copy the status line of your host:
> ? Selecting Host Summary from the WebGUI, I see a list of hosts. Providing
> User, #Full, Full Aga (days) Full Size(GB) etc...
> No exactly sure what you need here.

There are several crucial informations to be gleamed from the Hist
Summary page you should be aware of if you operate a BackupPC instance.
Some of them:
o LastBackup (days) : This should never go above 1.0 if you do
  daily backups.
o #XFer Errs: This should be 0, otherwise your backup may be
  incomplete. You will not get an eMail warning from
  BackupPC in this case!
  But some errors may be unavoidable, for example the ones
  caused by files being deleted during the backup on a live
  server. Inspect the errors periodically and evaluate their
  severity.
o State: My hosts all show "idle" or "auto disabled" but
  I suppose that yours don't. And I know exactly why some
  show "auto disabled".

With kind regards

Stefan Peter