BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] R: Re: R: Keep getting "Aborting backup up after signal PIPE"

2016-03-23 06:47:51
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] R: Re: R: Keep getting "Aborting backup up after signal PIPE"
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2016 11:47:07 +0100
Am 23.03.2016 um 10:04 schrieb Nicolas Göddel:
> Am 23.03.2016 um 01:50 schrieb Les Mikesell:
>> On Tue, Mar 22, 2016 at 6:34 PM, Nicolas Göddel
>> <mailinglists AT freakscorner DOT de> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I don't think that it could be a network problem because I do backup from
>>> one internal RAID to an other internal RAID. All harddisks are running
>>> without problem. The backup drive itself is relatively new. Just a few
>>> months old.
>>>
>> Are you sure you have enough RAM?   Rsync will load a copy of the
>> whole directory tree at both ends before starting.   If your target is
>> the same machine as the backup you'll need to hold 2 copies.
>>
> I will try it right now again and I will have a look at the RAM consumption.
> Maybe this could be the problem. Right now there is only 1,3 GB RAM available
> and 8 GB swap.

So I tested this out but I was not running out of memory. Only 5% RAM was needed
by rsync and backuppc_dump together. I has to be an other problem. Is it because
the source disk is also used by Samba and up to 20 users use the harddisk at a
time? On the other side nobody is using this samba share at night when the
backup is running.

I need more debug info I guess.

--
Homepage: http://freakscorner.de