BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Using Amazon AWS S3/Glacier with BackupPC

2016-03-17 13:06:55
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Using Amazon AWS S3/Glacier with BackupPC
From: Johan Ehnberg <johan AT ehnberg DOT net>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2016 19:06:12 +0200
Hi,

I also find this increasingly attractive, with more services moving into
virtualized environments. Currently there are fairly few options for
redundant, high-availability cloud oriented storage options that
BackupPC can use.

BackupPC 4 should be better set to use object storage since it no longer
relies on hardlinks. It would be great if BackupPC someday manages cold
archival, too, but that may actually turn out to be more expensive since
deduplication benefits may be hard to maintain?

If someone has experiences with this, I would also greatly appreciate
hearing any results.

Best regards,
Johan