BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Multiple instances of backuppc

2016-02-23 05:59:07
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Multiple instances of backuppc
From: Alessandro Polverini <alex AT polverini DOT org>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2016 11:58:06 +0100
Hello Andreas, and thanks for your reply.

I'm already using LXC (it works great, btw), but I had an issue with
backuppc that I was then able to track down as the use of compression.
I was adding "--compress" to rsync options and that lead to strange
timeouts and backup aborts.

Isn't that the right way to add compression support to rsync?
Since my hosts are on a remote network, compression would really be useful.

Another issue I have while using backuppc inside an LXC container is
that all the hosts results unpingable, while in fact they are: from the
command line everything works fine as expected.

Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks!
Alex