BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Multiple instances of backuppc

2016-02-22 12:47:21
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Multiple instances of backuppc
From: "Dr. Boris Neubert" <omega AT online DOT de>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2016 18:46:39 +0100
Hi Alessandro,

Am 22.02.2016 um 16:21 schrieb Alessandro Polverini:
> I would like to use backuppc for some of my servers and I would like to
> have separate physical disks with different instances of backuppc running.
I successfully run such a setup on one single server to backup two
different entities with completely separated setups and web accesses.

I did two independent installations under

/data/entity1/backuppc
/data/entity2/backuppc

and run two BackupPC server processes with

daemon --user backuppc /data/entity1/backuppc/bin/bin/BackupPC -d
daemon --user backuppc /data/entity2/backuppc/bin/bin/BackupPC -d

For the web interface, I have two virtual hosts. The configurations in
the BackupPC_Admin scripts in the cgi-bin directory point to the two
instances respectively.

System is CentOS 7 with BackupPC 4.

Best regards
Boris