BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Retiring hosts without losing backups

2016-02-09 10:52:00
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Retiring hosts without losing backups
From: Ali Kalamchi <ali.kalamchi AT talia DOT net>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2016 15:37:48 +0000
You can disable the backup schedule for those retired machines.
Login to your backuppc GUI:

Select a host
        Edit Config (under the host, not the general config)
                Schedule
                        BackupDisable: check Override, and set the Value to 2

This will disable the backup schedule of that host, and Backuppc see will not
notify you, yet it will not delete the host nor its backup sets.
However, those backups might be deleted later along the way according to your
retention policy.

I hope this answer is clear.

Best regards

-------------------------