BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Retiring hosts without losing backups

2016-01-29 15:47:43
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Retiring hosts without losing backups
From: Kris Lou <klou AT themusiclink DOT net>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2016 12:46:42 -0800
In case it wasn't clear (copy/paste of docs), BackupsDisable = 2.

On Fri, Jan 29, 2016 at 12:44 PM, Kris Lou <klou AT themusiclink DOT net> wrote:
$Conf{BackupsDisable} = 0;

Disable all full and incremental backups. These settings are useful for a client that is no longer being backed up (eg: a retired machine), but you wish to keep the last backups available for browsing or restoring to other machines.

There are three values for $Conf{BackupsDisable}:

  0    Backups are enabled.

  1    Don't do any regular backups on this client.  Manually
       requested backups (via the CGI interface) will still occur.

  2    Don't do any backups on this client.  Manually requested
       backups (via the CGI interface) will be ignored.

In versions prior to 3.0 Backups were disabled by setting $Conf{FullPeriod} to -1 or -2.