BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC_tarCreate failed

2016-01-18 07:48:17
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC_tarCreate failed
From: Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom <chrome AT real-time DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2016 07:47:12 -0500
On 01/18 10:18 , David Rotger wrote:
> This is my localhost.pl, it's very diferent...

The important thing is that your localhost.pl (which I think is the default
one the package comes with) doesn't include 'sudo' which is needed to
capture files like /etc/shadow which are not world-readable.

> $Conf{TarClientCmd} = '/usr/bin/env LC_ALL=C $tarPath -c -v -f - -C
> $shareName --totals';

>> $Conf{TarClientCmd} = '/usr/bin/env LC_ALL=C /usr/bin/sudo $tarPath -c -v
>> -f - -C $shareName --totals';

Obviously if you add sudo to localhost.pl, you'll also have to add it to
/etc/sudoers in order to enable it to run tar without prompting for a
password.

--
Carl Soderstrom
Systems Administrator