BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] samba, LAN, WAN

2015-11-05 12:49:16
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] samba, LAN, WAN
From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2015 11:47:32 -0600
On Thu, Nov 5, 2015 at 6:36 AM, Márki Árpád <marki AT pharm.u-szeged DOT hu>
wrote:
> Dear BackupPC users,
>
> I have searched the internet to find a solution, but I did not succeed.
>
> I have the following problem: I installed the BackupPC (Ubuntu server)
> to perform automatic backup of shared directories of our windows PC-s.
> It is working well, except those PC-s that are behind a router
> (notebooks, wifi, local IPs).On the router I set a port forward (138),
> which is also enabled in the firewall (on the windows client), the PC-s
> have fix IPs (for example: 192.168.1.25). In the BackupPc the
> ClientNameAlias was set to the router's IP, but I have no idea how can I
> set the forwarded port. (I have found a thread in this list, which
> discuss this problem in case of rsync, and RsyncdClientPort parameter
> was suggested, but it not availabnle in case of smb protocol) If it is
> possible, I do not want to install cygwin, rsync or other tools on the
> windows clients.
> Do you have any idea how can I solve this problem?

If you mean that you have several PCs behind the same router and you
have to direct the connection to the IP of the router and a specific
port per client, you should be able to set a custom smbclient command
with the '-p port' option added.   If you need to control other
options, you can make a custom smb.conf and use '-s file' to read
those options instead of the ones from the standard location.  But,
you'll probably also have to do something about the ping command or
somehow make nmblookup work too.  I can't help much more than that
since I don't have access to machines running backuppc now - but
doesn't windows use port 445 now?