BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] samba, LAN, WAN

2015-11-05 08:04:32
Subject: [BackupPC-users] samba, LAN, WAN
From: Márki Árpád <marki AT pharm.u-szeged DOT hu>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2015 13:36:37 +0100
Dear BackupPC users,

I have searched the internet to find a solution, but I did not succeed.

I have the following problem: I installed the BackupPC (Ubuntu server)
to perform automatic backup of shared directories of our windows PC-s.
It is working well, except those PC-s that are behind a router
(notebooks, wifi, local IPs).On the router I set a port forward (138),
which is also enabled in the firewall (on the windows client), the PC-s
have fix IPs (for example: 192.168.1.25). In the BackupPc the
ClientNameAlias was set to the router's IP, but I have no idea how can I
set the forwarded port. (I have found a thread in this list, which
discuss this problem in case of rsync, and RsyncdClientPort parameter
was suggested, but it not availabnle in case of smb protocol) If it is
possible, I do not want to install cygwin, rsync or other tools on the
windows clients.
Do you have any idea how can I solve this problem?

Thanks!

Arpad