BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] destination directory and encryption

2015-09-03 00:21:51
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] destination directory and encryption
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2015 14:20:05 +1000
On 03/09/15 06:06, František Starý wrote:
What about this?
http://rsyncrypto.lingnu.com/index.php/Home_Page

I've been thinking about trying it, but never did..
AFAIK it should look as an normal rsync server for BackupPC, so it could work.

My concern about this is it hasn't seen a new version in 7 years... it looks un-maintained/abandoned. Does it even support the more recent rsync protocol version?

IMHO, you would still benefit from the advantages of backuppc (web interface, scheduling, and even pooling (within the one host, not shared to multiple hosts).

BTW, I suppose if you used the same private key for a group of machines (eg, all belonging to the same department), then you would also get dedupe across multiple machines.

Regards,
Adam

Frantisek.