BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] BackupPC_Admin wrapper suid stopped working

2015-08-10 14:29:06
Subject: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC_Admin wrapper suid stopped working
From: "Boris A. Lemus" <alekseiiii AT hotmail DOT com>
To: "backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2015 12:27:22 -0600
Hi All,

I had successfully setup backuppc on Arch Linux but after a system-wide upgrade to Linux 4.1.2 the setuid stopped working.

Now I get this error:

Error: Wrong user: my userid is 33, instead of 126(backuppc)
This script needs to run as the user specified in $Conf{BackupPCUser}, which is set to backuppc.
This is an installation problem. If you are using mod_perl then it appears that Apache is not running as user backuppc. If you are not using mod_perl, then most like setuid is not working properly on BackupPC_Admin. Check the permissions on /usr/share/backuppc/cgi-bin/BackupPC_Admin and look at the documentation.

I've checked the permissions on that file, it's set to backup pc.
setuidperl seems to be missing in my system. Not sure if it was ever there.

perl-suidperl was removed from perl 5, which is the version I'm running.

So not sure where to turn here.

Any ideas welcome.

Many thanks.