BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] All incr fail(SIGPIPE) all full complete - cygwin/W7

2015-05-13 20:04:32
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] All incr fail(SIGPIPE) all full complete - cygwin/W7
From: fred AT damen DOT org
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 13 May 2015 19:02:34 -0500
Both computers are on the same LAN.  There should be no firewalls between them
except on the BackupPC server(linux) and client (windows).  From the XferLOG
it appears as though this was a quite active connection.  Is there a way to
time stamp these log messages so that the duration of an idle period can be
detected.

Does the rsync running on the client first determine all the files that are to
be sent and then send the list back to the BackupPC server (i.e., batch) or
does the rsync client spew the list as it is being produced (i.e.,
continuous).  I would suspect that it is not batch, as this would produce then
same results in the full backup case.

>>From the fact that the incr backup was started immediately after the full
backup, I would expect to see a very small XferLOG.  In which I could imagine
there being a long time between rsync on the client finding and reporting a
file to be backed-up. With the size of the XferLOG (thousands of lines) I find
it hard to imaging that there was silent period causing a timeout.

Note the summary page for this client says backup #11 is type full, yet the
XfreLOG say it is a incr.

Fred