BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Anyone have a copy of BackupPC_DeleteFile.pl?

2015-02-27 12:56:08
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Anyone have a copy of BackupPC_DeleteFile.pl?
From: zunixaani <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2015 03:21:03 -0800
If a file from a full backup failed to transfer, what is the best way
to make a subsequent, incremental backup include these (few) files?

The remote system is a Windows system, reachable using rsyncd.

If a full backup failed, then the next backup will be a full backup, but
it will use the partial backup created by the failed full backup, which
will include all changed files, up to (but not including) the file it
failed on. I think this will mostly give you what you expect, just keep
in mind when you say "(few) files" it actually means all files and
directories after the file it failed on.

So, you need to ensure that the largest file you want to transfer will
successfully transfer without error within a single backup attempt.

Is this new behavior? I'm using Version 3.3 (Ubuntu), and since skipping
one file does not count as failure, and since that file isn't written
since the full backup, it doesn't get backed up in subsequent
(incremental) backups.

Also, whenever theren is a connection problem, all the downloaded files
from the next, incremental backup are thrown away. I'm currently
circumventing that problem manually.

http://www.braindumps.com/CCIE-Service-Provider.htm