BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Rsync_bpc Error - BackupPC 4

2015-02-27 12:56:04
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Rsync_bpc Error - BackupPC 4
From: akibuflash <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 17:19:21 -0800
I am using BackupPC 4.0 on a debian distro to backup two windows computers
running Cygwin. I am using rsyncd as the vehicle to back them up. When I try to
start a backup, the backup fails apparently because of an rsync_bpc issue. The
log file entries are below:

Contents of file /data/BackupPC/pc/agm-pc/LOG.022015, modified 2015-02-24
15:50:55
2015-02-24 15:50:49 full backup started for directory Pictures
2015-02-24 15:50:50 Got fatal error during xfer (No files dumped for share
Pictures)
2015-02-24 15:50:55 Backup aborted (No files dumped for share Pictures)

Contents of file /data/BackupPC/pc/agm-pc/XferLOG.bad.z, modified 2015-02-24
15:50:56
XferLOG file /data/BackupPC/pc/agm-pc/XferLOG.0.z created 2015-02-24 15:50:49
Backup prep: type = full, case = 1, inPlace = 1, doDuplicate = 0, newBkupNum =
0, newBkupIdx = 0, lastBkupNum = , lastBkupIdx = (FillCycle = 0, noFillCnt = )
Running: /usr/local/bin/rsync_bpc --bpc-top-dir /data/BackupPC --bpc-host-name
agm-pc --bpc-share-name Pictures --bpc-bkup-num 0 --bpc-bkup-comp 3
--bpc-bkup-prevnum -1 --bpc-bkup-prevcomp -1 --bpc-bkup-inode0 1
--bpc-log-level 1 --super --recursive --protect-args --numeric-ids --perms
--owner --group -D --times --links --hard-links --delete --partial
--log-format=log: %o %i %B %8U,%8G %9l %f%L --stats --checksum
--password-file=/data/BackupPC/pc/agm-pc/.rsyncdpw5658 @agm-pc::Pictures /
full backup started for directory Pictures
Xfer PIDs are now 5661
This is the rsync child about to exec /usr/local/bin/rsync_bpc
ERROR: failed to read a password from /data/BackupPC/pc/agm-pc/.rsyncdpw5658
Done: 0 errors, 0 filesExist, 0 sizeExist, 0 sizeExistComp, 0 filesTotal, 0
sizeTotal, 0 filesNew, 0 sizeNew, 0 sizeNewComp, 1 inode
rsync error: syntax or usage error (code 1) at authenticate.c(191)
[Receiver=3.0.9.3]
rsync_bpc exited with fatal status 1 (256) (rsync error: syntax or usage error
(code 1) at authenticate.c(191) [Receiver=3.0.9.3])
Xfer PIDs are now
Got fatal error during xfer (No files dumped for share Pictures)
Backup aborted (No files dumped for share Pictures)
BackupFailCleanup: nFilesTotal = 0, type = full, BackupCase = 1, inPlace = 1,
lastBkupNum =
Removing empty backup #0
BackupPC_backupDelete: removing #0
BackupPC_backupDelete: No prior backup for merge
BackupPC_backupDelete: got 0 errors
Running BackupPC_refCountUpdate -h agm-pc -f on agm-pc
xferPids 5673
BackupPC_refCountUpdate: host agm-pc got 0 errors
BackupPC_refCountPrint: total errors: 0
xferPids
Finished BackupPC_refCountUpdate (running time: 0 sec)

In one of the log files, it indicates the following: ?Running:
/usr/local/bin/rsync_bpc? and it has the following error message: ?ERROR:
failed to read a password from /data/BackupPC/pc/agm-pc/.rsyncdpw5658?.

Does anyone recognize that error and know what it means? It seems as though it
needs some sort of password but I don't know where to input a password. The
only password I know of is in the secrets file on the target Windows machines,
but this looks like it is not even connecting to even get that far.

Thanks in advance.