BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Usage of BackupPC in large environment

2015-02-27 03:48:24
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Usage of BackupPC in large environment
From: "Andreas Schnederle-Wagner - Futureweb.at" <schnederle AT futureweb DOT at>
To: "backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2015 08:26:18 +0000
Hello Andrea,

we are using BackupPC for ~60 Servers with a total (deduped) Capacity of 6 TB -
and no problems so far ...

       375 full backups of total size 15200.45GB (prior to pooling and
compression),
       758 incr backups of total size 6682.27GB (prior to pooling and
compression).

But you definately want a fast Storage for BackupPC ... we got a RAID 5 with
about 8 HDDs - and often got very high IO-Load on the Backup Server ...

Hope those Infos will help you, bye from Austria
Andreas

Andreas Schnederle-Wagner
Futureweb OG
Innsbrucker Str. 4
6380 St. Johann

schnederle AT futureweb DOT at
www.futureweb.at
www.ortsinfo.at

Fon: +43 (0) 5352 65335-0
Fax: +43 (0) 5352 65335-777
Gratis über Skype anrufen | Skype-ID: futureweb