BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Problem with Full Backups and Exclussions

2015-01-05 10:24:30
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Problem with Full Backups and Exclussions
From: Michelle Dupont <Michelle.Dupont AT ulg.ac DOT be>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2015 16:21:45 +0100 (CET)
Hi,

On Mon, 5 Jan 2015, Francisco Suarez wrote:

I've recently started having problems with full backup on one host.

I changed the exclusions list thinking this could be the issue, it still finishing up
"partial" status.

Is this the correct method to exclude?

$Conf{BackupFilesExclude} = {
  '/' => [
    '/home/theplans/log/*',
    '/home/run/positions/trace/*',
    '/home/hun/res/received/*',
  ]
};

previously had this:

$Conf{BackupFilesExclude} = {
  '*' => [
    '/home/theplans/log/',
    '/home/run/positions/trace/',
    '/home/hun/res/received/',
  ]
};

If you precise a * in the key field then your exclusions are applied for all shares.

If you have any different exclusions by share, so you have to write the same sharename in the Key field as your Xfer sharename for which the exclusions are applied.

Best,

Michelle Dupont
UDI de la Faculté des Sciences - UNIPC
Universite de Liège