BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Problem - resolve host name with 2 different ip's lan/wifi

2014-11-21 04:43:41
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Problem - resolve host name with 2 different ip's lan/wifi
From: bubolski <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2014 01:34:28 -0800
Hello i got a problem with backuppc.

I got domain controller which is DNS server aswell. When i added host
"Somehost" and user for him that i earlier created in AD backuppc and i want to
start full backuppc for this user i got an error no ping.

I loged in to AD, went to DNS and i got there same user with 2 different ip's.
f.e  somehost 10.0.0.1(lan)  and somehost 20.0.0.1 (wifi).

when host is connected via lan and i delete from DNS somehost 20.0.0.1 then
it's working fine, but without doing that i'm getting no ping.

Next i checked when i got in DNS 2 different ip's for somehost i loged in to
backuppc via ssh and tried to ping somehost.domain

first try no response,
second try it responded from lan,
third try no response,
fourth try it responded from lan.

Can i force backuppc for using only lan ip's ? Or do something that backuppc
will check both elements from DNS  [Question]