BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] How to gain access to a backup that is no longer listed.

2014-10-22 22:37:17
Subject: [BackupPC-users] How to gain access to a backup that is no longer listed.
From: Marcathian Alexander <marcathian AT gmail DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2014 22:35:06 -0400
Hello,
I recently started using Backup PC  version 4.0.0alpha3.
It was just in time to allow me to backup a file server with approximately 1.6TB of data before the file server crashed.
After replacing the failed hard drives, I was using backupPC to restore the files from backup#53.
However an error  caused the full restore to fail and started doing the restore in parts.
After a portion of the restore run (it took three days because of the network speed and the volume of data) a backup of the server started to run immediately.
This back up is listed as Backup#0.  All previous backups are no longer listed. I was not finished restoring the files from backup#53.
How do I gain access to the unlisted backup?
While the backups are not listed the pool size has not been reduced, which suggests that the backup files are still there.
I look forward to assistance in this situation.

May Yahweh bless you and keep you.
May Yahweh let his face shine on you and be gracious to you.
May Yahweh show you his face and bring you peace.
(New Jerusalem Bible Numbers 6:24-26)

Marcathian Alexander

email: marcathian AT gmail DOT com
Home: 453-3632 / 453-3454