BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] status

2014-10-19 12:48:35
Subject: [BackupPC-users] status
From: Mauro Condarelli <mc5686 AT mclink DOT it>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2014 18:45:27 +0200
Hi,
I would like to have, if possible, some information about current status of
BackupPC development.
Latest sources found on SouceForge are almost one year old and CVS do not seem
to be used much.

I am now in the process of evaluating its usage on an oldish NAS (I had
in-house), before acquiring a bunch of newer ones for deployment, but I don't
want to be tied to some unmaintained software, of course.
If evaluation goes reasonably well I am willing to prepare an OptWare iPackage
out of BackupPC, possibly with some script to automate client setup.
Obviously such an effort would be nearly wasted on a dwindling product.

Current tests tell me bottleneck in my setup is CPU.
I am trying now to ease the problem by using less compression and rsync
checksum caching.
Is there some utility to uncompress cpool to pool and contextually compute
rsync checksums and caching them?

TiA
Mauro