BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Compression Experiences?

2014-10-13 00:26:12
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Compression Experiences?
From: Christian Völker <chrischan AT knebb DOT de>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2014 06:24:10 +0200
Hi all,

I remember having read about restoring single files from command line
needs some BackupPC specific script or tricks to uncompress the files
when using ocmpression for BackupPC.

For a new instance I'm thinking of storing the files without compression
to be able to easily restore them directly from command line if needed.

Is there anyone out here who has some experience about the average
compression ratio in BackupPC? I know it depends on the type of data-
most of them are office documents (Word and OpenOffice).

Just share your experience,

thanks

Christian