BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] no ssh access backuppc server to Windows 7 client

2014-08-03 09:30:01
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] no ssh access backuppc server to Windows 7 client
From: Adrian Ruiz <aruizcon AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2014 15:28:32 +0200
Tim,

default port and protocol for ssh connections is 22 TCP, not UDP.

I recommend you to use a general cygwin installation, not only a package "cygwin-rsyncd for windows".  I usually install cygwin on windows servers, and install packages like openssh, and rsyncd for rsync transmissions, or create scripts on bash for other backups tasks (database exports,.. etc). When you install cygwin, there are logs on /var/log that could give you more information for errors.

You could try connect from backup server, with ssh options like -vvv for more detailed log.

Think about change installation "cygwin-rsyncd" by a fresh and complete installation of cygwin environment.

==
Adrián Ruiz Contreras
e-mail:   aruizcon AT gmail DOT com

Open PGP Public Key available from:
http://keys.gnupg.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x5553723B
Fingerprint: 1EBD D452 83DA A122 2B23  F7EE 5F6A 45D2 5553 723B

for Tim Evans,
Yes, ssh  and rsyncserver are running on the Windows client. Thank you.

for Adrian Ruiz,
I'll have to check but, I thought that it was a TCP port (22) I setup as an inbound route. (Might have been UDP, too many years away from Windows clients, too use to Linux, I'll check.) Thank you.

to anyone,
I am still interested in knowing if I can check a log file that will help me, either on the Windows client or the Backuppc server. Anyone?