BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] no ssh access backuppc server to Windows 7 client

2014-08-02 18:48:56
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] no ssh access backuppc server to Windows 7 client
From: Adrian Ruiz <aruizcon AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2014 00:47:17 +0200
Hi,

Windows 7 firewall blocks any incoming connection by default. You must add an exception for tcp port.

El domingo, 3 de agosto de 2014, Robert Wooden <rbrtewdn AT comcast DOT net> escribió:
I have been using BackupPC for many years with Linux clients. All has always gone well.

Recently it has become necessary to add a Windows 7 client.

I downloaded the "cygwin-rsyncd-3.0.9.0_installer.exe" from sourceforge and installed it.

I have created a backuppc user (on the Windows box) that has backup and administrator rights. One of the next steps I did was to open port 22 for ssh access on the Windows box. When I go to the backuppc server, I cannot ssh into the windows box. So, if I can't ssh in, backuppc does not have access to the windows box. The server can ping the windows box ipaddress.

Does anyone know what log files I can 'tail' to figure out why I cannot ssh into the Windows box from the backuppc server?

--
==
Adrián Ruiz Contreras

Open PGP Public Key available from:
http://keys.gnupg.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x5553723B
Fingerprint: 1EBD D452 83DA A122 2B23  F7EE 5F6A 45D2 5553 723B