BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] error disk too full, deleted pc, how to delete cpool?

2014-07-24 08:49:14
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] error disk too full, deleted pc, how to delete cpool?
From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2014 07:47:40 -0500
On Thu, Jul 24, 2014 at 12:55 AM, yashiahru
<backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com> wrote:
> pc/pcName/71 (the only and the latest backup)
> 6.5T

Is that what you expected - that is, approximately the size of the
target system after compression?

> as you said:
> 1) How can i remove all backup? (delete all files and directories in cpool &
> pc?)

If that is all that is on the mounted archive disk it is probably
fastest to unmount it and reformat (mkfs), then make the top level
directories again.  But, if the content size seems wrong, you might
first try walking down the largest directories with 'du -sh *' to see
if you can find the problem.  You might be able to just remove the
offending directory and get enough space to run another full.

> 2) I've update to the latest version of backuppc, how could i know if the
> BackupPC_nightly is corrupted?

If the cpool and pc/hostname directory contents are approximately the
same size, it is probably not the problem.