BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] error disk too full, deleted pc, how to delete cpool?

2014-07-23 15:35:15
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] error disk too full, deleted pc, how to delete cpool?
From: Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2014 14:34:14 -0500
On Wed, Jul 23, 2014 at 2:01 PM, yashiahru
<backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com> wrote:
> Sorry my bad.
> it's 1 backuppc to 1 pc on same LAN.
>
> a) In backuppc server, the LVM is mounted on /backup
> /dev/mapper/vg_backup-LogVol00
>                       7.2T  6.5T  337G  96% /backup
>
> b) du -h /backup/backuppc/cpool/
> 6.5T /backup/backuppc/cpool/
>
> c) In cpool directory, i'm not sure if the data structure is normal: (e.g.: 6
> in 6 in 6 )
> 1.1G /backup/backuppc/cpool/6/6/8
> 292M /backup/backuppc/cpool/6/6/5
> 621M /backup/backuppc/cpool/6/6/4
> 930M /backup/backuppc/cpool/6/6/7
> 280M /backup/backuppc/cpool/6/6/3
> 738M /backup/backuppc/cpool/6/6/e
>
> d) I have deleted everything except the latest full backup, in the web UI:
> the latest full backup Totals: 7.45TB !!!
>
> I'm quite sure that a full backuppc won't sized 7.45TB
> It's dangerous to delete the last backup, so I don't know what to do.
>
> BUT if delete the last backup is the last solution before reinstall the whole
> system.
> should i just delete everything in cpool? or leave the 1st layer of directory
> in cpool?

How does the size of cpool compare to pc/host_name?   Basically all
files under the cpool tree should be hardlinks to files in a
pc/hostname/backup_number directory, and BackupPC_nightly should
remove anything that does not have at least 2 links.   If cpool is
substantially bigger, then something is wrong with BackuPC_nightly (a
possibility also indicated by the error messages...).    If your
pc/hostname tree is also that large, then the target must have had
additional filesystems mounted when the backup was taken or perhaps
filesystem corruption that caused some sort of directory recursion
loop.