BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Restore not working

2014-07-17 22:27:08
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Restore not working
From: raceface2nd <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2014 14:20:28 -0700
Hi,

@Holger: Your hint doesn't work, I get the following Errors because backuppc
isn't allowed to run tar as sudo without Password
Running: /usr/bin/sudo /bin/tar$ -x -p --numeric-owner --same-owner -v -f - -C /
Running: /usr/share/backuppc/bin/BackupPC_tarCreate -h localhost -n 0 -s / -t
-r /var/www -p /var/www/ /var/www/index.html
Xfer PIDs are now 25189,25190
sudo: no tty present and no askpass program specified
restore failed: BackupPC_tarCreate failed
Without -M tar is not restoring out of backuppc and gibing me the error
/bin/tar: Multiple archive files require `-M' option

@Adam: Thanks for reminding me to have a second look to my commands, I already
took out one of the "-f" before, but didn't recognize the minus afterwards.
Taking out "-f -" solved the problem.

Thanks! Andy