BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC acting strangely

2014-07-10 13:43:52
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC acting strangely
From: Richard Stockton - Tierpoint Systems Administrator <Richard.Stockton AT tierpoint DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2014 10:42:29 -0700
2nd try: 1st didn't post to list...

Isn't there anyone out there who has had a similar problem?  I can't
believe I'm the only one.  Further investigation shows the problem
is happening for almost all of my 14 hosts.

Bottom line: The incrementals get (and create) all the files, but the
full backups only create empty directories.  No errors are shown in
the logs, and the GUI shows all the backups as complete.  When the
incrementals are deleted, the fulls don't have everything, and data
is permanently lost.

This is using rsync between multiple CentOS (Linux) boxes.

I REALLY need to get this fixed.  Anybody?  Please help.
Thanks.
  - Richard

At 05:15 PM 7/7/2014, you wrote:
>Hello:
>
>My BackupPC has been acting strangely for about a month now.  This is
>a system that has been backing up correctly for over 2 years, keeping
>1 year's worth of old files.
>
>Problem #1:
>The biggest problem is that, for some (not all) of my hosts, the incr
>backup gets everything, but the full only creates empty directories.
>So when BackupPC deletes the old incrementals and leaves the fulls,
>data is lost.  Here is example (Compression Summary) from the GUI:

Richard Stockton
Senior Systems Engineer - Seattle
140 4th AVE N. #360 | Seattle, WA 98109
D 206.404.9500 T 888.234.6781
W http://www.tierpoint.com E richard.stockton AT tierpoint DOT com
Facilities in: Baltimore, Dallas, Oklahoma City, Tulsa, Spokane, Seattle