BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Restore Single Files with Default Tools?

2014-07-08 13:12:09
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Restore Single Files with Default Tools?
From: Christian Völker <chrischan AT knebb DOT de>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2014 19:09:37 +0200
Hi,

I have a BackupPC host directory copied from the /var/lib/BackupPC
directory.

So all files start with the "f" prefix. Don't mind about the prefix. But
they are compressed somewhat.

Do I have a chance to access the file content with some (more or less)
default command line tools? I cannot use any BackupPC specific tools.
First, the files are outside the /var/lib/BackupPC tree and second the
do not reside on a BackupPC computer, just Linux.

Any hints here?

Greetings

Christian