BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] How does backuppc really work?

2014-07-01 09:39:25
Subject: [BackupPC-users] How does backuppc really work?
From: HAL9000 <backuppc-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2014 06:37:43 -0700
So, while the documentation does do a pretty good job at getting people up and
running it doesn't say much about what is going on behind the scenes. My
specific question regarding this is how after the backuppc server logs into a
remote machine using ssh then backup the data to the backuppc server.

How, once logged in to the remote machine, does the remote client machine send
the information to be backed up the backuppc server? Does it go back through
the same ssh tunnel that was created when logging into the client, or does it
make a new tunnel altogether?