BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Dificulties

2014-06-20 16:32:08
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Dificulties
From: Francisco Suarez <francisco AT wihphotels DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2014 16:31:01 -0400
Les, the web interface used to ask for authentication when accessing it, now it doesn't. where could I enable this again?

On Fri, Jun 20, 2014 at 4:19 PM, Francisco Suarez <francisco AT wihphotels DOT com> wrote:
Les, I got it working on CentOs, thanks lot. configured apache with all dependencies.

On Fri, Jun 20, 2014 at 3:49 PM, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell AT gmail DOT com> wrote:
On Fri, Jun 20, 2014 at 2:14 PM, Francisco Suarez
<francisco AT wihphotels DOT com> wrote:
> Les, I'm trying now with Centos. I have installed apache and the rpm for
> backuppc you have suggested. I the problem is apache, same issue within
> centos as it's returning a txt instead of the web interface. Unsure what
> could be the issue.

Are you using the /BackupPC urrl as set up by the ScriptAlias in
/etc/httpd/conf.d/BackupPC.conf?  You'll also need to set up
authentication with the htpasswd command mentioned there in a comment
near the top.