BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC_zipCreate all shares

2014-06-12 08:29:53
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] BackupPC_zipCreate all shares
From: Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom <chrome AT real-time DOT com>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2014 08:28:24 -0400
On 06/11 05:26 , nicolasfo wrote:
> Hello there !
>
> I used to use BackupPC_tarCreate tool and to make an archive with all shares
> of a host, I set "-s \*".
>
> I try this trick with BackupPC_zipCreate but it seems to not to work.
>
> Could someone tell me what is the syntax to use to have all the shares of a
> host using BackupPC_zipCreate please ?

In cases like this in the past I think I've always just seen an iteration
over the various shares and then running a command for each one.

I find that I have a script which may do this, at least for tar files. It's
fairly extensive, but has no name anywhere in it such that I could attribute
it. (It's definitely not my work, since I can't write perl).

Let me know if you'd like me to mail it to you. I see that you are accessing
this list through the web interface, so I can't see your mail address,
otherwise I would send it to you.

--
Carl Soderstrom
Systems Administrator