BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] How to remove error on the "status" page about a retired host

2014-05-21 01:54:48
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] How to remove error on the "status" page about a retired host
From: Robert Waldner <waldner AT waldner.priv DOT at>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 07:52:46 +0200
On Fri, 16 May 2014 11:36:13 +0200, Robert Waldner writes:
>for reasons not applicable here I managed to have BackupPC trying to
> back up a host that was about to be retired, and (rsync) authentication
> failed.
>
>I disabled backups for this host via $Conf{BackupsDisable} (I still
> need the old backups accessible), but the error about the failed auth
> is still being displayed on the "status" page under "Failures that
> need attention".
>
>Any hints about how I could have that error no longer be displayed?
> It's more of a cosmetic thing...

Once I googled not for what I wanted but just for "BackupPC Failures that
 need attention" I found the solution:
 - stop BackupPC
 - edit the status.pl file (/var/lib/backuppc/log/status.pl on Debian)
   and remove the section with the error about the host in question
 - re-start BackupPC

Posting this here so maybe others with the same problem can find it
 more easily.

cheers,
&rw
--
-- It may look like I'm just sitting here doing nothing, but
-- I'm really actively waiting for all my problems to go away.