BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] How to get a email notification weekly

2013-11-18 05:12:03
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] How to get a email notification weekly
From: Peter Major <peter AT major.me DOT uk>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 09:45:50 +0000
As part of my overall daily backuppc scripting, I have set up a perl script which emails me the backuppc status and server disk stats at the end of each night's run. Although it could easily be adapted to run weekly, when run daily it gives immediate warning of problems. In particular, if there is no email, there may be a problem with the backup (as last night, which I am about to investigate.

If there is interest, I will post further details of my scripting on this forum.

Having not contributed to the forum before, I'd like to take the opportunity to thank Craig for developing this excellent piece of software, and also to thank others who have contributed. I have been using it to back up my linux systems at home for almost two years, and it gives me peace of mind. I recently had to do a complete restore on my netbook after the SSD failed, and without a proper backup I would have had serious problems.

Kind regards to all,

Peter Major