BackupPC-users

[BackupPC-users] Backup set thoughts

2013-11-14 08:57:53
Subject: [BackupPC-users] Backup set thoughts
From: Henry Burroughs <hburroughs AT stjohnseagles DOT org>
To: "backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2013 08:23:44 -0500
I am a new BackupPc user and very impressed with it.   I am now trying
to figure out if I should just let BackupPC backup all files and
folders on my Windows and Linux boxes, or just subsets.

One constraint is I need to keep the cpool manageable to replicate it
offsite (I am aware of the dangers with the pc directory, so I am
planning on using the BackupPC tar command to create gz files of the
PC directory.

Local disk space is not an issue, but bandwidth and replication time
are.   Thanks!

Henry B. Burroughs, III
Director of Technology
St. Johns Episcopal Parish Day School