BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Starting with backuppc

2013-11-11 07:10:01
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Starting with backuppc
From: David Kuntadi <d.kuntadi AT gmail DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 19:07:23 +0700
On Sun, Nov 10, 2013 at 4:02 AM, JLuc <jluc AT no-log DOT org> wrote:
> I found config.pl (instead of configure.pl)
> and  /etc/init.d/backuppc start to launch it
> (but it stops because unable "to set git to 131" whatever this means)
> All this seems way too complex.
> I will probably uninstall it and the bunch of libraries that arrived with it.
> JL

Try below, one line at a time and see whether or not it help.

sudo apt-get remove --purge backuppc
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install ssh samba smbfs rsync apache2
sudo apt-get install php5
sudo apt-get install libapache2-mod-php5
sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 restart
sudo useradd backuppc
sudo passwd backuppc
sudo apt-get install backuppc