BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Disk space used far higher than reported pool size

2013-10-29 15:32:13
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Disk space used far higher than reported pool size
From: "Craig O'Brien" <cobrien AT fishman DOT com>
To: "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 15:30:46 -0400
The topdir is /var/lib/BackupPC which is a link to /backup

If I do an   ls -l /var/lib
I get a bunch of other directories as well as:
lrwxrwxrwx.  1 root    root       7 Dec 17  2011 BackupPC -> /backup

bash-4.1$ ls -l /backup
total 20
drwxr-x---. 18 backuppc root 4096 Oct 25 21:01 cpool
drwx------.  2 root     root 4096 Dec 17  2011 lost+found
drwxr-x---. 76 backuppc root 4096 Oct 24 16:00 pc
drwxr-x---.  2 backuppc root 4096 Dec 24  2012 pool
drwxr-x---.  2 backuppc root 4096 Oct 29 01:05 trash
bash-4.1$

It's only backuppc stuff on there. I did it this way to give the backuppc pool a really large drive to itself. As far as things done from the command line I've deleted computers inside of the pc directory that I no longer needed to backup. From my understanding that combined with removing the pc from the /etc/BackupPC/hosts file would free up any space those backups used to use in the pool. I've manually stopped and started the backuppc daemon when I've made config changes, or added/removed a pc. At one point I had almost all of the pc's being backed up with SMB, and switched them all to using rsync.

I ran the du -hs command you recommended, I'll post the results when it eventually finishes. Thank you.