BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] no rrd graphs in version 3.3.0

2013-10-11 06:30:16
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] no rrd graphs in version 3.3.0
From: Alexander Moisseev <moiseev AT mezonplus DOT ru>
To: backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 14:28:25 +0400
On 11.10.2013 13:42, Prem wrote:
> Hi,
> It is already installed...but how do I sort of activate it so that I could
> see the mentioned graphs?

Make sure bin/BackupPC and lib/BackupPC/CGI/GeneralInfo.pm patched.

For reference see debian patches:
http://patch-tracker.debian.org/patch/misc/view/backuppc/3.3.0-1/bin/BackupPC
http://patch-tracker.debian.org/patch/misc/view/backuppc/3.3.0-1/lib/BackupPC/CGI/GeneralInfo.pm

If you doing an upgrade, $LogDir/pool.rrd (usually /var/log/BackupPC/pool.rrd)
must be already in place, and graphs from previous version displayed on status
page (if GeneralInfo.pm patched). Otherwise you will see status page without
graphs at all.

If you see empty squares instead of images, then you miss $BinDir/rrdtool.

If you lost $LogDir/pool.rrd during upgrade, run BackupPC_nightly (first
command OS dependent):
# su -m backuppc
% BackupPC_serverMesg BackupPC_nightly run

Wait until BackupPC_nightly finished and check BackupPC log.

Last row must be like this:
2013-10-11 14:21:25 RRD Data: 1381573285:48509964.000000:1496734259.416992

and $LogDir/pool.rrd must be created and graphs reappears on status page.

--
Alexander