BackupPC-users

Re: [BackupPC-users] Issues with backing up Windows laptop with SMB

2013-10-01 08:39:40
Subject: Re: [BackupPC-users] Issues with backing up Windows laptop with SMB
From: Holger Parplies <wbppc AT parplies DOT de>
To: dwilliams AT dtw-consulting DOT com, "General list for user discussion, questions and support" <backuppc-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2013 14:36:47 +0200
Hi,

David Williams wrote on 2013-10-01 07:52:03 -0400 [Re: [BackupPC-users] Issues
with backing up Windows laptop with SMB]:
> Can anyone provide any insight to this? What else can I do to troubleshoot?

sure. Sorry for being mean, but this used to be an FAQ ;-).

> [...]
> >Running: /usr/bin/smbclient \\\\dwlaptop\\Documents -U dwilliams -E -N
> >-d 1 -c tarmode\ full -Tc -

You're supplying a '-N' switch to smbclient, thus requesting it not to pass a
password, and that's exactly what it's doing.

The behaviour changed some versions ago. Remove the '-N'.

Regards,
Holger